Grilled Chicken Pita. If grilling the chicken, lightly oil the grill rack. Fill each pita half with chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, onion and cheese; drizzle with sauce. Rinse the chicken breast and pat dry.
Then they're grilled, drizzled with lemon juice, sliced, and tucked into a warm pita pocket, along with tzatziki, lettuce, tomatoes, and thinly sliced red onion. (For the uninitiated, tzatziki is popular in the Mediterranean and Middle East. Remove from grill transfer to dish. Heat pita breads in toaster oven or a dry skillet over medium-high. You can have Grilled Chicken Pita using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Chicken Pita
- You need 1 of chicken breast; butterflied.
- It's 1 of pita.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hummus.
- You need 1/2 of tomato.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber.
- You need 2 tbsp of tahini.
- It's 1 of Tzatziki.
- Prepare 1 of feta cheese.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 1 dash of paprika.
- It's 1 dash of onion powder.
- It's 1 dash of garlic powder.
- You need 1 dash of turmeric.
- You need 1 dash of dried dill.
- You need 1 of drizzle vegetable oil.
Cut each pita in half to make half-moon pockets. Fill each pocket with chicken, yogurt sauce and arugula. Serve with extra sauce on the side. Grilled Chicken Pitas When it's hot outside, I look for recipes that can be cooked quick and easy; and these Grilled Chicken Pitas is a favorite at our house.
Grilled Chicken Pita instructions
- Toss breast in vegetable oil. Season breast with dried spices. Grill each side approximately 5-10 minutes each side or until chicken reaches 165º..
- Small dice tomato and cucumber. Toss with tahini. Set aside..
- Cut open pita. Season with olive oil, salt, and pepper and grill very briefly if desired..
- Spread hummus in pita. Add sliced or diced chicken breast. Add veggie mix, feta, and tzatziki..
- Variations: Fresh dill, basil, tarragon, parsley, chervil, oregano, thyme, caramelized red onions, rice, pickled red cabbage..
I start with boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you can substitute white meat if you want) and some fresh vegetables: yellow squash, zucchini squash, red onion, and sweet peppers. Slice the chicken into very thin pieces. At serving time, put out all of the ingredients and allow each person to assemble sandwiches: Split each pita. This Grilled Chicken Pita Recipe is to die for! You gotta try this easy and oh boy delicious chicken pita sandwich recipe!